Unfortunately, there are passengers who have experienced getting caught up in a vehicular accident resulting in injuries that may have severely impaired them or even resulted in death. This is something that no one dares to imagine could happen to them and that someone could lose their life in the collision.
Furthermore, as someone severely injured, there can be the issue of who will pay high hospital bills, and this can cause a lot of stress to the passenger. Nashville is a city that gives the law provision that the at-fault driver or his insurance is accountable for paying all the damages including hospital bills and other medical expenses that resulted from the accident. Whether the driver is intoxicated, fatigued, or somehow was texting while driving and caused the accident, the driver is the one deemed responsible.
We have summarized a few things that can guide you on filing a claim after getting injured in any type of vehicular accident.
- File a third-party claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. This could be a long arduous process of having to contact the insurance company, and as they are usually trained to evade calls and make it difficult for anyone to make a claim, you just need to be persistent.
- File a claim with your own insurance company. Your accident insurance company may have provisions on giving you reimbursements from the medical bills you had because of the accident.
- File a lawsuit against the at-fault driver in the civil court. When things did not go well in settlements with the at-fault driver, you may have to raise getting some type of damages in court from the at-fault driver. Damages refers to the money awarded to the plaintiff in a car accident to help him get back up to his feet . The courts will decide how much damages the at-fault driver will have to pay you for the accident he caused.
CALL A NASHVILLE CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER TODAY
An experienced Nashville lawyer could help you with the long, tiring settlement processes and with filing claims. Calling a Nashville lawyer right away could also save you a confusing undertaking of working out the right amount of compensation you deserve. There are a lot of factors that could determine how much you could recover from a lawsuit. They would look at how severe your injuries are, if you missed an extensive amount of work from the accident, or the length of your hospital stay after getting injured from the accident.
Here are the possible factors you can be compensated from with a vehicular accident:
- Medical expenses: A Nashville lawyer could help recover compensation from not just current hospital and doctor’s bills, but future doctor’s visits and rehabilitation expenses.
- Lost Wages and Income: If you were unable to work because of the vehicular accident, a Nashville attorney could help you get compensation for the days you missed at work and even upcoming days that you will still be unable to work. Your lawyer could also get compensation for reduced earning capacity if the extent of your injury prevents you from returning to work for a longer period of time.
- Physical and Emotional Pain: Vehicular accidents can cause a person to suffer from both physical and emotional pain. Severe injuries and even loss of limbs can cause a lifetime of not only physical but emotional suffering. A Nashville attorney could help you prove that you are experiencing this and could potentially be compensated for it.
- Penal Charges: These charges are often given out to reckless drivers to discourage other drivers to drive the same way. A Nashville lawyer could assist you in establishing the cause of the vehicular accident and what really happened at the time of the accident.
These and many more ways of assistance could be yours. So don’t forget to call a Nashville Lawyer today!